I started this list on a Facebook post and decided to post it here so I can keep adding to it with my thoughts – or yours if you want to contribute.
- You don’t have to endlessly keep up with website code updates.
- You don’t have to worry about people hacking your mail.
- There are no spam filters in a physical mailbox.
- The mail never goes down.
- If you have a good offer it will conservatively work 300-500% better via direct mail.
- There’s no better way to connect with a customer than with a hand-written letter or note. (Real hand-written, not SOC bullshit.)
- Your competitors cannot reverse-engineer your sales funnel with a few clicks of a mouse.
- There are no computer viruses to protect against in direct mail.
- If you can make 1 sale per month per zip code at a meager $10 profit per sale, you can easily net $440,000 per month ($5.3M per year).
- Over 99% of commercial mail gets delivered to the recipient, compared to a generous estimate of 50% for commercial emails.
- Refund rates are much lower, as long as your offer isn’t crap. Chargeback win rates are also much higher.
- You can sell a $1000 offer to a cold list in 2 steps. You can’t do that online without an enormous amount of pre-framing, and that would make it a “warm” list thus would not be apples to apples comparison.
- Slow website performance before the sale can kill the sale. Slow direct mail performance before the sale is not even noticed.
- It’s normal to get orders from a direct mail campaign years later. With email, this is almost unheard of.
- With direct mail, “retargeting” is normally free and automatic for up to a year if a recipient changes addresses.
Note: All of the above is based on MY own experience doing direct mail as 90% of my business model since 1999, and with special thanks to the 30+ years of experience from my trusted mentors who taught me how to do direct mail the right way.
If you want to do direct mail right (that kinda sounded dirty) then head over to DirectResponse2.com, where we’ll show you all the do’s and don’t do’s for the new Direct Response Marketing 2.0 way of winning with direct mail.
Want Help Solving Your Marketing Challenges?
If I can help you, I will. And If I can’t, I’ll give you honest, actionable advice to help you on your journey. Schedule your call to Talk to Lee Now.